Monday, November 21, 2011

keeping track of ideas


On Friday I mentioned how I rely on lists to get organized for the week.  For the short-term To Do lists I like writing them on paper scraps and then throwing them away {recycling} them when I'm really done.  It's like a more extreme version of crossing things off the lists.  And I do vigorously cross things off... just to make sure I know it's really been done.

On the other hand, I want to hold on to long-term lists and ideas, so I write those in a little moleskine book, which I carry around with me.  I don't necessarily write in it everyday.  Sometimes I only write one line, just a short reminder to myself.  Other times I get prolific and fill pages with new ideas and sketches.  It's guaranteed that if I'm ever caught out of the house without it I will think of about a hundred things I want to write down, and resort to writing on receipts, which I then transcribe into the book when I get back home.

Oh, and I still cross things off.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer to PA so I could take your classes! Sad. Let me know if you take your talents on the road!!

    Linds
    www.vowstotravel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll definitely let you know if I teach anywhere else. Love your travel inspired posts :)

    ReplyDelete