Sunday, October 9, 2011

work: new projects & American Craft Week


new project in the works

As usual, things have been busy this past week.  After the chilly weekend show I finished off some projects from the previous week and started a whole bunch more.  On Monday I'll post with a few new works, some quite different from what you have already seen from me.  I also had my first post over on HiP!  Check it out if you haven't already :)

Also, American Craft Week started this past Friday!  I kicked it off by going to First Friday in Wilmington DE with some friends and I took some photos of some interesting exhibits at the DCCA, which I'll post later today or tomorrow.  A lot of the artists in resident opened up their studios and there was a great buzz there in general.  It's a really fun place, I highly recommend visiting if you get the chance!

And to top it off, the PA House of Representatives just adopted a resolution declaring October "American Art & Craft Month" as part of the craft week celebration.  How cool is that?  



(sorry for the photo quality, there will be a better photo of the finish product soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment