Tuesday, October 11, 2011

new work: weekly wrapup

Lamp with Circles, 2011 :: Yellow/Orange Bird, 2011 :: Purple/Black Bird, 2011

Last week's weekly wrapup comes a bit late, but I think it's worth the wait. I started the lamp at the end of last week, finishing it off yesterday. It is made from four hand-pieced "fins" that extend at 90 degree angles from the central pole. The whole structure is stabilized with a glass base and glass disc topper that are soldered to the frame. I counted the circles yesterday and there are exactly 60!

I made both of the birds last week.  They would look great hanging on a wall, or even from a ceiling.  I had the idea for these birds a few months ago, sculpting them so that their wings undulate as if they are caught mid-flight.

Burst, Sky, 2011 :: Purple Icosahedron Lamp, 2011

Also from last week, another Burst, this one in shades of light blue and white, and an icosahedron lamp in ambers and purples.

I will have all of these pieces at the PA Guild of Craftsmen show in Blue Bell this weekend!
Go here for a list of all the exhibitors.
Check out the HiP list of exhibitors to look for in which I'm mentioned!

© 2011 ABJ Glassworks
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment