Tuesday, June 3, 2014

meaningful work


Last night we watched this Ted Talk by Dan Ariely titled "What makes us feel good about our work?" Ariely is a behavioral economist and it was fascinating to hear him talk about behavioral experiments and workplace themes. A lot of his points were things that I already at least sub-consciously think about. And in his conclusion he proposes a revised model of labor, which includes not just a salary, but also meaning, creation, challenge, ownership, identity and pride. And in that moment a lightbulb went off in my head that no wonder I agree so much with him, I've created this new model for myself by starting my own business!

Give it a chance, it's only 20 minutes long and very worthwhile for anyone who has ever worked... so yea, everyone should watch this. He is also the author of a few books, and I've added this one to my long list of books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment