Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2012 holiday ornaments

Happy holidays everyone! I developed three new ornaments for this holiday season (check out last year's here): hanging mistletoe, three etched glass ornaments, and agate ornaments.






























The mistletoe is my favorite.  I made a mistletoe bunch in time for my family holiday last year and I knew I needed to make it available for everyone for holiday 2012.  I'm offering it either as a bunch or a sprig, both hung from a soft red ribbon.



























I chose these three designs for my etched ornaments as reminders of my ancestor's holiday celebrations.  The candle represents the eight candles of Hanukkah, as well as the Victorian candles that people once decorated their trees with.  The figgy pudding is from my British ancestors, to this day we still make a figgy pudding for Christmas dinner.  And lastly, the dala horse silhouette is for my Swedish relatives.  To make these ornaments I cut out each design by hand and used etching fluid to make the opaque silhouettes.






And then the agates.  I really can't get enough of these.  Unwrapping a new package of them is like opening amazing presents every time!  I edged each of these agate pieces with silver alloy solder and hung them from metallic silver string.  Each one is unique, so you can see the ones I currently have here.  I'll have more selection at the two holiday shows I'm doing this December (at the DCCA in Wilmington Dec.6th and the Brooklyn Lyceym Dec.15/16th).

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment