Tuesday, July 31, 2012

experimenting

lately I've been experimenting. with new shapes, sizes, ideas... after one too many days of staring at all the terrariums piled on our one table, it occurred to me that some of the shapes could make beautiful lamps.  the first lamp I made looks wonderful, and it really makes me wish I had a place to put them, but since the table is full they're sitting on the floor for now...
































next on my ever growing list of ideas : figure out fittings for a wall mounted light...



* Edit 8/3/12:  I will definitely be putting the lamp in my shop soon, I'm looking to have it ready for the fall/winter season.  I'm making it in two sizes:

Large measures 18.5" high (with shade).  The glass lamp base is 12" high and 11" at the widest part, and the shade is 14" wide at its base x 8.5" high. 

Small measures 15" high (with shade.  The glass lamp base is 9" high and 8.5" at the widest part, and the shade is 9.5" wide at its base x 6.5" high.


I'll be offering them in either silver or with a copper patina.  And I'll be offering the shade in either chalk white or light sand.  As with all my work, the lamps are handmade using glass and a lead-free silver alloy solder.
 

I'll start taking pre-orders soon, email me for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment